The position is located within the Division of Enterprise Solutions and Application Management. The duty location is Rockville, MD.Learn more about this agency
Applications received as a result of job fairs, recruitment events, and emergency hiring mechanisms in support of this hiring initiative will also be accepted during open and closing date of this announcement.
**Applicants please note: Additional selections may be made across the Department of Health and Human Services through this vacancy announcement.**
This position is a mission critical occupation for HRSA. The position is involved in the analysis of system and/or security requirements, the development and implementation of mission critical applications for the agency's Information Technology operations.
As the Deputy Director of Division of Enterprise Solutions and Application Management (DESAM), you will supervise and manage the information technology employees and contractors who collectively design, maintain, and deploy enterprise information technology applications for HRSA.
Specifically, you will:
- Assist the DESAM Division Director, Chief Information Officer, and other supervisors in OIT in planning and directing the information technology management activities in HRSA.
- Proactively detect malicious activity in government systems, and analyze the extent to which security controls are implemented correctly.
- Provide leadership in analyzing the impact of various threat-mitigation strategies in close partnership with system owners including performing cost/benefit analysis.
- Serve as the lead expert advisor to the DESAM Director in development and implementation of threat management, and balancing the need with adequate resources.
- Manage the systems development lifecycle by facilitating business process engineering efforts, systems requirements definitions, and provide oversight for application change management control.
- Provide professional/consultation advice and recommendations related to acquisition, budget management, Capital Planning and Investment Control (CPIC), IT Project management, and Application Lifecycle Management processes.
Occasional travel - Expected travel may be up to 5% for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/551391400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.