Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below for IMPORTANT additional information.Learn more about this agency
The primary purpose of this position is: To provide a Post-Secondary Student Trainee who has been appointed to the Delegated Hiring Authority (DHA) Post-Secondary Program with on-the-job training and guidance to further student technical development.
- Performs operations research tasks of limited scope and difficulty which are screened by a higher grade analyst.
- Plans work procedures and selects standard methods and techniques to be applied to development and assessment projects or problems solving studies.
- Applies the various steps of accepted operations research procedures to search for information to bear on a system, process and/or operational problem, and performs techniques involving difficult calculations or exact comparability determinations.
- Perform special research tasks designed to utilize and enhance knowledge of work processes and techniques, and to afford an opportunity to apply the fundamentals of associated disciplines (e.g., mathematics).
- Identifies sources of data and perform data acquisition and reduction.
- Make minor adaptations in techniques or method to achieve stated objectives of the assignment.
- Develops reports which summarize accomplishments and results of assignments, and presents findings within own organization.
- Keep abreast of emerging technologies and professional developments to remain current in the field and for application to work assignments.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/551340900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.