The Outreach Licensed Professional Mental Health Counselor performs social work duties specifically directed toward homeless Veterans and their families. The incumbent independently provides clinical, psychosocial and short-term case management services for eligible Veterans and their family members.Learn more about this agency
This position is also posted as Social Worker.
Social Worker: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/551257300
- Provides outreach and short-term case management services to assigned Veterans and significant others, consistent with the goals and methods of the Healthcare for Homeless Veterans (HCHV) program and with all relevant Medical Center policies and procedures. Case management services are characterized by assertive outreach, individualized treatment planning, a multidimensional orientation and the intensive delivery of services.
- Conducts outreach to Veterans in shelter as well as to those who may be unsheltered or living in temporary/unfit structures.
- Assists with hospital discharge planning for Veterans who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
- Reviews agreements between Section 8, landlords, Public Housing Authorities and the VA in establishing appropriate referral sites for Veteran placements.
- Performs site visits of Veteran apartments to ensure that Veterans reside in safe environments, in compliance with local housing codes.
- Verifies the Veteran's status, eligibility for VA medical care, and eligibility for program participation.
- Ensures that homeless Veterans are considered as primary participants for program acceptance.
- Collects and submits HCHV Program participant data, as outlined by the Homeless Operations Management and Evaluation System (HOMES).
- Coordinates care by serving as an advocate on behalf of Veterans to ensure comprehensive service delivery. Links and refers Veterans to the VA Medical Center, VA Regional Offices and/or community agencies.
- Complies with criminal conflict of interest laws and Executive Branch Standards of conduct to avoid conflicts of interest while serving as the Case Manager.
- Participates in the HCHV conference calls and attends training offered by the HCHV Team.
- Follows all local HCHV policies and procedures. This includes following policies and documentation requirements as required for CARF and Joint Commission accreditation.
- Participates in program planning and development, advises the supervisor of trends with caseloads, identifies needs for program procedure or policy changes and makes recommendations.
- Takes responsibility for improving professional skills, participating in staff development projects, attending seminars and participating in training programs of other disciplines as requested.
- Documents social work interventions and activities in Veteran's clinical record utilizing CPRS and ensures appropriate hand off when transferring care.
- Maintains familiarity and responsibility for all performance measures related to the HCHV program.
- Engages in outreach activities and provides supportive case management for HCHV Veterans, as needed.
- Provides case management services to Veterans and significant others in the Grant Per Diem and Contract Residential programs, consistent with the goals and methods of the Healthcare for Homeless Veterans (HCHV) program and with all relevant Medical Center policies and procedures, as needed.
- And, additional duties as assigned.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/551257500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.