This position is part of the National Archives and Records Administration, Archivist/Deputy Archivist, Office of the Chief Operating Officer, Research Services. As an ARCHIVES TECHNICIAN, you will be monitoring research room activities and assisting customers in using the holdings of the National Archives and Records Administration.Learn more about this agency
The following are the duties of this position at the GS-07. You will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Use technical or quasi-professional knowledge of technical archival work and understanding of the substantive content of the records involved.
- Greets visitors, assists with registration; conducts orientation briefings for onsite researchers, as required; and directs researchers to appropriate NARA resources as necessary.
- Anticipates, identifies, and resolves customer service problems pertaining to reference and associated records handling and security issues.
- Assists management and reference and research room staff with implementation and evaluation of customer service initiatives.
- Provides input and feedback on customer service effectiveness and needs. Gathers and reports customer service data.
- Provides reference services by searching, pulling, re-filing, interfiling, copying, screening and redacting information under FOIA exemptions (as appropriate),or scanning records in various filing systems and simple extractions.
- Incumbent must be physically able to perform the duties of this position. Physical demands may include climbing caster equipped ladders, maneuvering on cat-walks and handling boxes of records stored up to 15 feet above the floor and typically weighing 50 pounds, occasionally more. The work may also demand considerable standing; walking; stooping, bending and lifting.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/551253500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.