This position is located in the Legislative and Regulatory Review Staff (LRRS) office of the Agricultural Marketing Service, Office of the Administrator in Washington, D.C. You will serve as a Legislative Analyst reporting to and supervised by the LRRS Director and will be assigned to carry out Congressional affairs functions for Agency programs.Learn more about this agency
- The duties described are for the full-performance level. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity. The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Monitors legislative proposals and other congressional activities.
- Analyzes regulatory and legislative actions to determine the degree of impact upon Agency programs.
- Apprises Agency managers of these activities and their potential impacts and advises them on appropriate means of responding.
- Assists in developing Agency or Department positions on pending legislation and prepares legislative reports expressing these positions.
- Serves as point of contact and resource person for congressional staffs and committees for information on Agency programs.
- Works closely with program officials and counterparts on the Public Affairs staff to prepare and/or contribute to the development of communications plans for significant rule-makings.
- Seeks opportunities to strategically reach out to key congressional staff on issues of particular interest or concern.
- Works with Agency programs to identify areas where they may need to seek additional legislative authority and develops appropriate language and strategies.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/551209600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.