About the Position: As the Supervisory Librarian, you will be responsible for the implementation and operation of the Circulation Desk, to include the day-to-day operations of the department, the stack areas, the online circulation system, the library building and its facilities,Learn more about this agency
- As a Supervisory Librarian, you will perform the following duties:
- Supervises the full range of circulation activities, including developing circulation policies, developing procedures and writing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to implement policies.
- Responsible for monitoring all activities for the print reserve collections in support of Command and General Staff School course electives, the School of Advanced Military Science ensuring the timely placement of library materials on reserve.
- Coordinates collection inventory, salvaging procedures and storage of library materials with other Librarians in the Library.
- Reviews bibliographies, book reviews, and other sources to recommend materials in designated subject areas.
- Coordinates and directs the work of library technicians and any temporary employees, volunteers and student hires assigned to the Circulation Department.
- Assigns and directs work of subordinates, establishes performance standards, reviews work, sets priorities and deadlines, handles disciplinary actions, approves leave and signs timecards.
- Trains and directs subordinates to assist users with ready reference sources, including library's online catalog and other general reference sources, both electronic and paper.
- NOTE: The duties listed above is not an all-inclusive list.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position 5% of the time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/551121400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.