Serves as the Kennedy Space Center (KSC) Energy and Water Conservation Manager in the Environmental Management Branch of the Spaceport Integration (SI) Directorate. This position functions as the local source of expertise on energy and water conservation and directs and leads efforts to meet NASA policy and Federal regulatory requirements for energy and water efficiency, renewable energy use, and greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions reporting.Learn more about this agency
- Implement the Center's Facility Energy and Water Management Program to meet requirements of NPR 8570.1, NASA Energy Management Program. Manages KSC energy and water metrics and reporting.
- Develop, advocate and oversee energy and water conservation projects and coordinate and collaborate with key stakeholders and partners. Coordinate implementation through appropriations or alternative financing mechanisms.
- As a technical lead oversee and prioritize work and initiatives of team members supporting the energy and water program to further advance the requirements and goals of the program. Provide mentoring and guidance to team members.
- Provide support to the Base Operations, Spaceport Services Contract Contracting Officer's Representative (COR) for oversight and surveillance in the areas of energy and water management and performance.
- Coordinate utility service and commodity procurements and oversight in collaboration with the Contracting Officer, SI Business Office and associated CORs to include any changes or resolution of issues.
- Represent KSC as a voting member on the NASA Energy Efficiency Panel and interface with NASA HQ and other NASA Centers.
- Chair the KSC Energy and Water Conservation Working Groups (EWG/WWG).
- Support the Sustainable Environment Management Steering (SEMS) Committee as a voting member.
Occasional travel - Travel may be required for training or other work-related duties
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/550974000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.