The positions may be located in either the Food Economics Division, Market & Trade Economics Division, or Resource & Rural Economics Division in ERS. We are seeking Economists with responsibility for carrying out complex economic research & analysis programs that include formulating research plans, developing methodology, determining data needs, & defining resources. Strong research & writing skills, & the ability to relay results to both lay & professional audiences are essential.Learn more about this agency
- Duties will vary depending on the mission of the division in which the incumbent works. Major duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Applying economic, econometric, and statistical principles and concepts to conduct high quality research and analysis; and improve the quality, and enhance the analytical usefulness of data;
- Providing advice and guidance to Agency and external colleagues to ensure application of sound economic principles and the use of effective quantitative and research methods;
- Serving as a technical expert on research and program development activities within the Agency, with other agencies, and research institutions;
- Conducting research involving theoretical and empirical issues of concern to Agency programs, including research that often involves investigation and experimentation into unexplored areas using state of the art techniques; and
- Communicating difficult concepts and findings in both verbal and written forms to officials responsible for public policy.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/550728700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.