This position is responsible for providing a broad range of Neurology services to Veterans receiving care at the Veteran Affairs Medical Center (VAMC). Follow established guidelines, ethics, and policies and protocols of the Neurology Services, Department of Veterans Health Administration (VHA) and the profession.Learn more about this agency
Recruitment/Relocation Incentive available for highly qualified applicants.
- The primary duties include the full spectrum of diagnosing and managing patients with Neurological diseases in both outpatient and in-patient setting. You will be consulting with Primary Care physicians and other specialists to ensure patients receive appropriate continuous care utilizing e-consult, tele-health, and face to face consultation. The Physician Specialist will join a multidisciplinary program providing services with dedicated support staff and operational space. Primary duties are to perform full general neurological examinations on established or newly consulted patients in the Neurology clinics, Inpatient Units or Emergency Department for signs or symptoms of neurologic dysfunction. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Diagnoses, treats, and manages patients with neurological diseases according to standard, usual, and acceptable methods and techniques.
- Works closely with other specialists and primary care physicians to ensure that patients receive continuous quality care.
- Provides consultation service related to neurology to the medical staff.
- Participates in quality assurance programs and chart reviews.
- Interprets EEGs.
Work Schedule: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Monday - Friday, Schedule negotiable during interview)
Financial Disclosure Report: Required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/550269200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.