To apply to this announcement go to the website: https://fcc.usajobs.gov
Your application, including resume, all supplemental documents, registration information and answers to job specific questions must be received no later than midnight U.S. Eastern time of the closing date. For more information on applying federal jobs, please check this webpage
If applying online poses a hardship, please contact the Federal Communications Commission's Human Resources Office at (202) 418-0130 during business hours (8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. U.S. Eastern Time) prior to the closing date of the vacancy announcement.
Qualified applicants may be further reviewed and rated by Subject Matter Experts to determine the validity of on-line question.
The Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) and the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) are programs designed to afford selection priority to well-qualified Federal employees who meet the definition of a “surplus” or “displaced” employee.
To be eligible for consideration under CTAP, you must be a current FCC employee who has received an official notice stating that your position is no longer needed, or that you will be separated by reduction in force (RIF).
To be eligible for consideration under ICTAP, you must be one of the following:
Be a displaced Federal employee and have a current duty station within the local commuting area of this vacancy. You must submit a copy of the appropriate documentation such as a RIF separation notice, a letter from OPM or your agency documenting your priority consideration status with your application package.
The following categories of candidates are considered displaced Employees:
• Current or former career or career-conditional (tenure group I or II) competitive service employees who: 1. Received a specific RIF separation notice; or 2. Separated because of a compensable injury, whose compensation has been terminated, and whose former agency certifies that it is unable to place; or 3. Retired with a disability and whose disability annuity has been or is being terminated; or 4. Upon receipt of a RIF separation notice retired on the effective date of the RIF and submits a Standard Form 50 that indicates "Retirement in lieu of RIF", or 5. Retired under the discontinued service retirement option, or 6. Was separated because he/she declined a transfer of function or directed reassignment to another commuting area.
• Former Military Reserve or National Guard Technicians who are receiving a special Office of Personnel Management (OPM) disability retirement annuity under section 337 (h) or 8456 of title 5 United States Code.
• Be applying for a position at or below the grade level of the position from which you have been separated. The position must not have a greater promotion potential than the position from which you were separated.
• Have a current (or last) performance rating of record of at least fully successful or equivalent. This must be submitted with your application package. (This requirement does not apply to candidates who are eligible due to compensable injury or disability retirement.
• Occupy or be displaced from a position in the same local commuting area of the position for which you are requesting priority consideration.
Once your complete application is received, we will conduct an evaluation of your qualifications to determine your ranking. The best-qualified candidates will be referred to the hiring official for further consideration and possible interview. You will be notified of the outcome.