Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.Learn more about this agency
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a Protocol Specialist in a developmental capacity, performing assignments designed to further develop applicable analytical and evaluative skills and techniques. This is a developmental position. All training must be completed and regulatory requirements met prior to promotion.
- GS-07 and GS-09
- Performs developmental assignments.
- Performs recurring assignments.
- Participates in special initiatives, studies, and projects.
- Prepares written correspondence and other documentation.
- Plans, organizes and arranges special events, social functions, and special visits in support of the organization.
- Attends special events, visits, social functions and monitors activities.
- Provides general protocol guidance to military and civilian officials based on regulations, resources, precedence, and previous office experiences.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
Conditions of Employment
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship
- Must be registered for Selective Service, see Legal and Regulatory Guidance
- Must sign a mobility agreement
- Must sign a participant agreement
- PCS expenses if authorized will be paid IAW JTR and Air Force Regulations
- Recruitment incentives may be authorized
- A security clearance may be required
- Student Loan Repayment Program may be offered for eligible candidates
- Must meet suitability for Federal employment
- You will be in a trial period throughout your entire Pathways appointment
- Disclosure of Political Appointments
- Incumbent may be subject to shift change and overtime or comp time, which may include evenings, weekends, and/or holidays on short notice. Longer than average workdays can occur several times a week.
- May be required to travel by military and/or civilian aircraft in the performance of official duties.
- Travel to on and off-base locations is often required for support of special events.
QualificationsThe Recent Graduates Program affords developmental experiences in the Federal Government intended to promote possible careers in the civil service to individuals who have recently graduated from qualifying educational institutions or programs. To be eligible, applicants must apply within two years of degree or certificate completion (except for veterans precluded from doing so due to their military service obligation, who will have up to six years after degree completion to apply). Successful applicants are placed in a dynamic, developmental program with the potential to lead to a civil service career in the Federal Government.
RECENT GRADUATES: At the time of application, you must have completed any and all education or program requirements and be in possession of a degree, diploma or certificate from a qualifying educational institution. To be eligible for selection, you must be able to provide your official transcripts with completion/graduation dates.
At the time of appointment, Recent Graduates are required to have graduated and be within two years of degree or certificate completion (except for veterans precluded from doing so due to their military service obligation, who will have up to six years after degree or certificate completion to apply) from a qualifying educational institution and be in possession of a degree, diploma or certificate in a related field required by the position. All licenses and certificates, as well as final transcripts will be required at the time of selection.
Job requirements as a Recent Graduate:
· Sign a Participant Agreement
· Work full-time or part-time while in the Pathways Program
· Commute daily to work at your assigned duty location
· Complete 640 hours of OJT
To be eligible for conversion, Recent Graduates must:
· Successfully complete at least 1-year of continuous service in addition to all requirements of the Program as specified in the signed Participant's Agreement
· Demonstrate successful job performance
· Meet qualification standards for the position to which the Recent Graduate will be converted
EXPERIENCE: Applicants will be rated in accordance with the OPM Qualification Standards; for additional information refer to the General Schedule (GS) qualifications link: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/. Position requirements vary dependent upon the specific series and grade, you must meet any minimum experience or education/training requirements per OPM qualifications standards and show through experience and/or training that you possess the quality level of knowledge, skill and ability necessary to perform the duties of the position at the level for which applying.
The DETAILED description of your work experience in your personal resume must clearly demonstrate that you have gained and currently possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities to satisfactorily perform the duties of the position and grade being filled. When qualifying based on education and/or training, ALL transcripts and/or certifications must be submitted at the time of application to verify eligiblity for the Pathways Recent Graduate program and qualifications of the grade level being filled.
EDUCATION: Some positions may require "Basic Education" depending on the series and grade level of the position. If you are applying to positions based on your education or a combination of education and experience, your transcripts are required at the time of application to receive consideration.
Superior Academic Achievementis defined as a Bachelor's degree in a field related to the work of the position and eligibility for superior academic achievement (S.A.A.). S.A.A. is based on (1) class standing, (2) grade-point average, or (3) honor society membership:
1.) Class standing -- Applicants must be in the upper third of the graduating class in the college, university, or major subdivision, such as the College of Liberal Arts or the School of Business Administration, based on completed courses.
2.) Grade-point average (G.P.A.) -- Applicants must have a grade-point average of: (a) 3.0 or higher out of a possible 4.0 ("B" or better) as recorded on their official transcript, or as computed based on 4 years of education, or as computed based on courses completed during the final 2 years of the curriculum; or (b) 3.5 or higher out of a possible 4.0 ("B+" or better) based on the average of the required courses completed in the major field or the required courses in the major field completed during the final 2 years of the curriculum. Grade-point averages are to be rounded to one decimal place. For example, 2.95 will round to 3.0 and 2.94 will round to 2.9.
3.) Election to membership in a national scholastic honor society -- Applicants can be considered eligible based on membership in one of the national scholastic honor societies listed by the Association of College Honor Societies. Agencies considering eligibility based on any society not included in the list must ensure that the honor society meets the minimum requirements of the Association of College Honor Societies. Membership in a freshman honor society cannot be used to meet the requirements of this provision.
DETERMINING COMBINATION OF EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
To determine if you qualify based on a combination of education and experience, first determine your education as a percentage (e.g., 15 semester hours divided by 30 equals 50%); then determine your experience as a percentage (e.g., 3 months general experience divided by 6 equals 50%); finally, add the two percentages and if the total equals 100% or more, you qualify (e.g., 50% + 50% = 100%).
Qualifying education must have been obtained in a program accredited by the U.S. Department of Education.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
This position has an education requirement. You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. http://www2.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
Program Completion and Conversion Requirements:Recent Graduates may be converted to a permanent position, or term appointment lasting 1-4 years, upon successful completion of the program.To be eligible for conversion, Recent Graduates must:· Successfully complete at least 1-year of continuous service in addition to all requirements of the program as specified in the signed Participant's Agreement· Demonstrate successful job performance· Meet qualification standards for the position to which the Recent Graduate will be converted. · Be a U.S. Citizen.
YOUR TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT COVERS:
- Participant Agreement
- Orientation program
- Mentorship throughout the Program
- Individual Training & Development Plan to assist with career planning, professional development, and training activities
- At least 40 hours of formal, interactive training each year of the Program
- Opportunity for career advancement
- Recent Graduates who are selected for conversion must have completed all requirements of the program successfully
- Demonstrated successful job performance consistent with the applicable performance appraisal program
- Met the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) qualification standard for the position to which the Recent Graduate will be converted
Selective Service: Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. For additional information, click here.
Physical Demands: The work is typically sedentary. Some positions may require some walking, standing, bending, carrying and/or lifting of light items like papers or books. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
Working Environment: The work is typically performed in a traditional office setting, requiring the use of normal safety precautions necessary for an office environment. Some positions may require the use of stairs, or traveling in narrow hallways. The work area is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated.
For Direct Hire (DHA) Positions:This is a Direct Hire Public Notice, under this recruitment procedure applications will be accepted for each location/ installation identified in this Public Notice and selections are made for vacancies as they occur. There may or may not be actual/projected vacancies at the time you submit your application.Applicants must be US Citizens and proof (such as Birth Certificate, passport, naturalization papers, etc.) will be required during in-processing.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants): Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
120-Day Register: This announcement may result in a 120-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 120 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
You MUST have one or more listed eligibilities (click "Learn more about this agency" button above) to be considered. Eligibility claims must be supported with required documentation submitted with each application package to be considered. "Transfer" and "Reinstatement" or equivalent eligibles must provide their most current SF-50 and the SF-50 reflecting the highest grade held if not reflected on most current/separation SF-50. *Air Force is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list.
If you have questions regarding this announcement and have hearing or speech difficulties click here.
Tax Law Impact for PCS: On 22-Dec-2017, Public Law 115-97 - the "Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017" suspended qualified moving expense deductions along with the exclusion for employer reimbursements and payments of moving expenses effective 01-Jan-2018 for tax years 2018 through 2025. The law made taxable certain reimbursements and other payments, including driving mileage, airfare and lodging expenses, en-route travel to the new duty station, and temporary storage of those items. The Federal Travel Regulation Bulletin (FTR) 18-05 issued by General Services Administration (GSA) has authorized agencies to use the Withholding Tax Allowance (WTA) and Relocation Income Tax Allowance (RITA) to pay for "substantially all" of the increased tax liability resulting from the "2018 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act" for certain eligible individuals. For additional information on WTA/RITA allowances and eligibilities, please visit: https://www.gsa.gov/cdnstatic/FTR%20Bulletin%2018_05%20Relocation%20Allowances_0.pdf
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Resume (your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications)If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent (latest) version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is "most recent." It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, you will not be considered for this vacancy.For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and dates of employment (i.e., hours per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position.
2. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below). Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
The following documents are required and must be provided with your application for this Public Notice:
- Online Application - Questionnaire
- Resume - For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and dates of employment (i.e., month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position. If you are a current Federal employee or previous Federal employee, provide your pay plan, series and grade, i.e. GS-0301-09. Do NOT include photographs (or links to social media such as LinkedIn), inappropriate material, inappropriate content, nor personal information such as age, gender, religion, social security number, etc., on your resume.
- Transcripts - can be a copy
- Registration/License - active, current registration/license if applicable for the position
- Veterans' Preference - If you are claiming veterans' preference, you must submit a copy of your DD Form 214, which must include character of service or a Statement of Service/Proof of Service which must include service dates and character of service. In addition, if claiming 10-point preference you must submit a VA Letter or a disability determination from a branch of the Armed Forces (or documentation of Purple Heart, if applicable) and a SF 15 (Application for 10-point veteran preference).
ACTIVE DUTY SERVICE MEMBERS: The VOW Act requires agencies to treat active duty service member as veterans, disabled veterans, and preference eligible, when they submit, at the time they apply for a Federal job, a "certification" of active service in lieu of a DD214, assuming the service member is otherwise eligible. A "certification" letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. The "certification" must reflect the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions not later than 120 days after the date of submission. The "certification" must be signed by, or by direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters and must indicate when your terminal leave will begin (if applicable), your rank, dates of active duty service, the type of discharge and character of service (i.e. honorable). Further, agencies are required to verify a qualifying separation from military service prior to appointment, through the DD214 or other appropriate documentation. Active duty members that fail to provide a valid "certification" of service with their application will be found "not eligible." Military members may be appointed before the effective date of their military retirement/separation if member is on terminal leave.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (ET) on 01/26/2020
To preview the Application Questionnaire, please click the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10637006
To begin the process, click the Apply Online button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the application questionnaire. Please ensure you click the Submit My Application button at the end of the process.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Resume (your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications). If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent (latest) version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is "most recent."
- It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, you will not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and dates of employment (i.e., hours per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position.
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section). Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name.
If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application. The Vacancy ID is 10637006
PLEASE NOTE: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered and/or uploaded, (i.e., resume) is received, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. You may verify your documents have been processed with your application package successfully. You can access your USAJOBS account to do so by clicking here. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
Human Resources WILL NOT modify or change any answers submitted by an applicant.
Agency contact information
AddressWright Patterson AFB
2000 Allbrook Drive
Wright Patterson AFB, OH 45433
Once your application package is received an acknowledgement email will be sent.
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility and qualifications for consideration. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
To check the status of your application or return to a previous or incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account, select My Applications, and click on the more information link under the application status for this position.
If you do not provide an email address, you are responsible for checking status updates and notifications in USAJOBS. Hard copy notifications will not be sent to you.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/550018300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.