2 vacancies- Supervisor in the Atmospheric Science Branch and Supervisor in the Biospheric Science Branch. This is an unprecedented opportunity to join the Earth science leadership team at Ames. The Branch Chiefs lead operations and provide technical and programmatic leadership of research portfolios in their respective scientific disciplines. Both branches oversee research portfolios that include strong measurement and analysis projects.Learn more about this agency
- Do you have a strong desire to lead, inspire and develop people? Do you want your career to leave an enduring impact on others? Do you have a passion for exploration? If you answered yes, we want you!
- We recognize the vital role that supervisors play to empower our diverse workforce to achieve goals. At NASA, supervisors must have a unique combination of technical competence, individual energy, and the ability to connect with and motivate others.
- In return, we offer a range of missions and people to support, where you'll have the opportunity to contribute to work that matters while helping us create and sustain an environment that fosters connection, engagement, teamwork and innovation.
- The Atmospheric Science Branch Chief directs research in aerosol and radiation sciences, atmospheric dynamics and chemistry, including climate and air quality studies.
- The Biospheric Science Branch Chief directs research in terrestrial and coastal-ocean ecosystem science in addition to leading-edge applied science initiatives in water, agriculture, forest fires, and capacity building.
- Supervises personnel, coordinates with Division management to forecast and plan Branch priorities, and evaluates and facilitates research activities.
- Develops a strategic vision to guide the Branch which is consistent with Agency strategic objectives.
- Leads collaboration with NASA Centers, government agencies, private industry, academia and international organizations in research and analysis, proposal development, instrument development, mission development, etc. for the Branch.
- Designs, implements, and reports on Earth Science studies through the analysis and interpretation of data obtained from instruments from space complemented by airborne, ground-based, and laboratory measurements.
- Manages resources, conducts technical reviews, performs programmatic (cost, schedule, technical, risks) analyses.
- Develops major briefings and program reviews to top Center management, Headquarters, stakeholders, and review groups regarding program plans, status, procurement, resources, and technical issues.
- As a supervisor, you will provide equal opportunity in all Federal human capital and employment programs.
- You will be expected to make decisions regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, affiliation or non-affiliation with a labor organization, political affiliation, or status as a parent.
Occasional travel - Travel may be required for training or other work-related duties
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/549836700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.