This position is located in the Office of General Counsel (OGC), Minneapolis Field Office.Learn more about this agency
The following are the duties of this position at the GS-14. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
As an Attorney Advisor (General), you will:
- Provide comprehensive legal service, counsel, recommendations, reviews and opinions regarding all functions and activities, both programmatic and administrative, assigned to personnel within the incumbents assigned area of service which may include multiple field offices or states.
- Conduct conflict of interest reviews and recommendations concerning the receipt of HUD program benefits by major state and local elected officials.
- Conduct legal research and provide legal opinions that relate to complex financial transactions involving state and federal finance agencies.
- Resolve difficult legal disputes between agency program participants having outcomes with significant impact on the public interest.
- Conduct research independently and, often under extreme time constraints, defines strategy or policy to give guidance to decision makers and legal staff.
25% or less - 1-5 nights per month
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/549710000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.