This position is part of the Warfare Centers Personnel Demonstration Project. The ND-5 pay band encompasses positions equivalent to GS-14 and GS-15.Learn more about this agency
You will serve as the Head of the Test Engineering Branch (Code E41) within the Test, Evaluation & Prototype Division of the Naval Surface Warfare Center Panama City Division.
- You will lead, manage, and unify a diverse team of scientists, engineers, technicians, and analysts in support of Test and Evaluation experimentation of complex military warfare systems.
- You will conduct performance and compensation management, mentorship, and apply Equal Employment Opportunity principles/objectives and conflict resolution.
- You will ensure technical quality of all test and experiment plans, procedures and associated processes.
- You will lead efforts to install technical rigor in testing and evaluation of DoD systems.
- You will execute the full range of test and evaluation functions through the programmatic lifecycle (e.g., requirements definition, design, fabrication, integration, testing, production, and sustainment).
- Work with the NSWC Panama City Division Test and Evaluation Competency lead to provide input to updates of the NSWC Panama City Division Test and Evaluation Manual, policies, processes and procedures.
- You will ensure that Branch personnel are appropriately trained in accordance with NSWC Panama City Division Test and Evaluation Manual policies and processes.
- You will provide technical direction to support acquisition test and evaluation as well as science and technology demonstration evaluation efforts.
- You will evaluate System Test Engineer and Test Director qualifications.
- You will assess Test Team members within the Branch, validating that the right people are assigned to the right level projects.
- You will create and deliver presentations to management, sponsors, and/or distinguished visitors.
- You will lead the branch in implementing strategic initiatives aligned to the command's strategic plan.
- You will communicate ideas and concepts in writing and orally with all levels of the organization and key stakeholders including Flag and Executive levels.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/549457000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.