Serve as a project representative for a program responsible for preventing the importation and spread of communicable diseases.Learn more about this agency
- Assist in planning and implementing a program for preventing the importation of communicable diseases from abroad and spread of these diseases domestically.
- Monitor disease trends and consults with senior leaders to ensure that appropriate measures are taken to prevent the introduction/spread of communicable diseases by travelers, etiologic agents or vectors
- Provide technical assistance, consultation and guidance to national, state and/or local agencies; health organizations; federal, state and local law enforcement agencies; airport and seaport activities; hospital networks, and other private entities.
- Ensure appropriate communication networks, planning documents and emergency response protocols are in place, tested and regularly updated.
- Develop and present training to various governmental agencies and local partners on emergency response protocols, communicable diseases and quarantine activities.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel 10% domestic for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/549206100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.