Positions are being filled under the Pathways Student Internship Authority that will provide students enrolled in a variety of educational institutions, from high school to graduate level, with paid work opportunities in agencies to explore federal careers.
If selected you must report no later than June 2020 to begin the internship.Learn more about this agency Learn more about this agency
- Assists in the installation, maintenance, repair, and replacement of shelter buildings, antenna towers, meteorological equipment towers, snow water sensors, precipitation gauges, temperature sensors, and snow depth sensors.
- Assists in the installation, maintenance, repair, and replacement of other hydrologic sensors and equipment on existing snowpack telemetry (SNOTEL) and Soil Climate Analysis Network (SCAN) sites throughout the Data Collection Office (DCO) area.
- Assists in maintaining the Snow Survey Shop facility as a safe, efficient working environment. Supports additional SNOTEL maintenance functions such as sensor and equipment calibration, inventory, receiving and maintenance
- Assists with the collection of data used in water supply forecasting through field measurements and through contacts with other agencies and cooperators.
- Assists with the examination and interpretation of SNOTEL, and snow course data to ensure accuracy of the snow survey products.
- Student Trainees will perform developmental duties under direct supervision that will assist the employee in gaining the competencies necessary for a career.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/548868400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.