Positions are being filled under the Pathways Student Internship Authority to provide students enrolled in a variety of educational institutions, from high school to graduate level, with paid work opportunities in agencies to explore federal careers.Learn more about this agency
If selected you must report no later than June 2020 to begin the internship.
Student Trainees will perform developmental duties under direct supervision that will assist the employee in gaining the competencies necessary for a career.
- Learns to perform surveys and set construction stakes for a variety of practices. May operate rod or chain or other specialized instruments to lay out simple practices.
- Assists in program and conservation planning for a variety of rangeland management practices such as terraces, diversions, waterways, farm drainage systems, and others.
- Assists in gathering and assembling preliminary data for use in developing and applying conservation plans.
- Assists with or performs a wide variety of rangeland management duties such as maintaining accurate field notes, preliminary drafting and sketch work.
- Supports the responsibility of recording of land features, assembling maps and aerial photographs, identifying and classifying plants, and other related work.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/548707100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.