You will serve as a Museum Specialist in the Collections Management Section, Curator Branch, Naval History and Heritage Command (NHHC) at the Collection Management Facility in Richmond, VA. You will work with a team of museum professionals documenting, researching, cataloging, and rehousing artifact collections. You will perform all functions related to cataloging and inventory control for the collection of over 300,000 artifacts which represent the history of the U.S. Navy.Learn more about this agency
- You will be part of a team of museum specialists and technicians responsible for researching, cataloging, re-housing, and inventory control for the headquarters artifact collection including textiles, personal artifacts, ship's bells, plaques, etc.
- You will routinely utilize the Department of the Navy Heritage Asset Management System (DONHAMS)/EMu to research artifacts in the collection, catalog artifacts in the collection, update artifact location information and prepare a variety of reports.
- You will properly handle all artifacts and create storage solutions for a wide range of artifact types for both long-term storage and transportation.
- You will contribute to projects and assignments that require good teamwork, good communication skills, planning and logistics.
- You will perform a variety of duties related to facilities management, including submitting and tracking work orders, recording storage climate data, and general facilities needs.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/548620200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.