This position is located in the U.S. Department of State (Department), Office of Inspector General (OIG), Office of the Executive Director (EX) within the Information Technology Division (IT). The Executive Office has primary responsibility for all management support functions to include IT services provided to the OIG. The incumbent in this position will provide Program Oversight, Project Management, and Acquisition/Procurement support services for the IT division.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent is responsible for the nature of Executive Offices’ programs and activities; knowledge of OIG mission, policies, and objectives; management principles and processes; and the analytical and evaluative methods and techniques for assessing program development or execution and improving organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
Project Management (45%)
- Manages the overall planning, execution, and timely delivery of multiple projects.
- Oversees execution of the project and closely monitors program progress; responds and adapts plans to changes and manages risk
- Makes sound and timely recommendations for multiple projects, teams, or work units assessing interaction across interrelated projects in a program
Procurement Analysis and Contractual actions (25%)
- Creates all required contracting documents, performs quality assurance on contract performance, creates and monitors contract performance objectives, and meets with and monitors contract staff performance.
- Serves as the Contracting Officer Representative (COR) for IT services, hardware, and software contracts.
- Provide oversight of contractor performance and contract execution to ensure financial and technical compliance with contract terms and conditions.
Information Security Management (15%)
- Assesses, analyzes information and issues and makes recommendations managing enterprise risk
- Enforce policies and procedures to ensure information systems reliability and accessibility and to prevent and defend against unauthorized access to systems, networks, and data
- Promote awareness of security issues among management and ensuring sound security principles are reflected in organizations’ visions and goals
Customer and Administrative Support (15%)
- Provides excellent customer service to clients, works well in a team setting, responsive to clients' inquiries and issues, demonstrates flexibility and agility in procurement strategies, and good judgment
- Advises on the potential benefits/uses of automation to improve the efficiency of administrative support or program operations
- Effectively communicates change across the enterprise
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/548527000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.