The National Telecommunications and Information Administration is looking for an energetic, innovative executive to work for a dynamic and mission driven organization as Chief Procurement Officer for the First Responders Network Authority (FirstNet). The ideal candidate will have significant knowledge of advanced communications technologies, and the proven ability to apply forward-thinking leadership in promoting and implementing a vision that fosters organizational excellence.Learn more about this agency
The Chief Procurement Officer (CPO) is responsible for the comprehensive strategic short and long term planning for FirstNet's acquisition portfolio, which includes all goals, objectives, and operational needs. Major responsibilities include the overall/comprehensive executive level management of the Office of the Chief Procurement Officer, both program requirements and personnel, as well as providing general assistance, coordination, guidance, and recommendations to the FirstNet executive management team, and other FirstNet officials and staff regarding sensitive and confidential procurement related issues.
As CPO, the incumbent is responsible for providing executive leadership and management of FirstNet's acquisition planning, strategy, and deployment. The CPO defines current and future business environments with acquisition and procurement solutions to support FirstNet's strategic mission. The incumbent is accountable to the FirstNet executive management team for the level of acquisition expertise and management provided to FirstNet's program and acquisition staff. The incumbent will assimilate views from the FirstNet Board, senior executive team, and public safety stakeholders from local, state, tribal and federal government officials on acquisitions related directly to or in support of the First Responder network. Upon request the CPO will provide recommendations to the FirstNet Board. The incumbent will oversee the coordination of acquisition and procurement policy with employees and contractors in support of the deployment and maintenance of the nationwide network and other FirstNet programs and initiatives.
As Chief Procurement Officer, the incumbent will:
1. Be responsible for the overall/comprehensive executive level management in the areas of procurement, purchasing and contracts administration. Acts as an advisor to the senior management team and FirstNet on issues related to procurement, purchasing, contracts and contract administration. Responsible for the development and implementation of policies and procedures governing FirstNet procurement, purchasing and contracting; leading efforts to ensure proper service is provided and that all information and materials provided to FirstNet offices, vendors, or bidders are accurate, up-to-date, and understandable.
2. Provide direction in contract formation, contract negotiations and contract administration pertaining to the procurement of goods and services for FirstNet. Provides technical direction and guidance as needed to program offices and staff in the preparation of procurement plans and on all aspects of contract formation to include solicitation, source selection and contract documents, and the review , analysis and technical evaluation of bids or proposals. Incumbent has unlimited procurement authority for FirstNet's acquisition program. Monitor, evaluate, and assess procurement, purchasing and contracts administration effectiveness and activities, and develops recommendations for continuous improvement. Oversees FirstNet's procedural development, training, contract tracking, and monitoring vendor performance. Assesses current procurement, purchasing and contract administration/compliance function, identifies policy and procedural changes for streamlining and rationalizing the procurement system as well as promoting open and full competition.
3. Be responsible for executive level management of personnel, to include hiring and personnel action recommendations, providing the timely review of, and feedback on all applicable individual performance plans and evaluations, coaching and mentoring FirstNet acquisition staff as able and/or necessary, and appropriately addressing employee conflicts and disciplinary actions. Responsible for the general day-to-day management and supervision of subordinate managers and other assigned staff.
4. Lead efforts to plan, secure approval of, and follow through on comprehensive long term acquisition goals, objectives, and operational needs. Monitor projects, initiatives, and day-to-day functions and responsibilities controlled by, assigned to, or associated with the CPO's staff. Reviews recommendations for improvements, modifications and/or enhancements to assure responsiveness to changing requirements. Assign, oversee, and monitor the development, implementation, and modification of internal workplace policies, standards, procedures, practices, and communication programs.
5. The incumbent works cooperatively with the other FirstNet officers and supports them in formulating and implementing goals and priorities of the organization, and developing and successfully implementing programs and activities to meet established objectives. The FirstNet CPO is also expected to collaborate with stakeholders and leverage public safety consultation throughout the creation of requests for proposals.
6. Designate Contracting Officers and maintain oversight of all contracting officers in FirstNet.
Occasional travel - Position may require some travel; 25% or less.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/548218300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.