This position is located in the Department of Defense Office of Inspector General (DoD OIG), DODIG - MISSION SUPPORT TEAM. The DODIG - MISSION SUPPORT TEAM is responsible for the conduct and oversight of investigations into allegations against senior officials within the DoD. The division also conducts reviews, surveys, and studies, when required.Learn more about this agency
As a Special Assistant, GS-0301-14, your typical work assignments may include the following:
- Assist the Director to develop and implement Executive Secretariat policy, guidance, procedures and training to ensure accurate, concise, coordinated and timely tasking, and processing of internal and external executive correspondence.
- Provide direction to the OIG staff regarding operation, activities and long range planning of the Executive Secretariat to support the OIG components.
- Serve as the subject matter expert and primary action officer for the implementation of DoD directives, instructions and manuals for written material.
- Maintain awareness of DoD OIG priorities during the development and publishing of executive correspondence to the Department, Congress and other Executive branches of the Federal government.
- Assist the Director in the development and management of short, mid and long range practices to improve OIG correspondence effectiveness with Congress, the Department and other Federal branches.
- Prepare complex statistical reports to provide the Director with recommendations on long and short term courses of action to enhance Executive Secretariat operational capability.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/547991500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.