Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.Learn more about this agency
The primary purpose of this position is to provide technical support to a librarian by performing a wide variety of public and technical services. May serve as the principal assistant to the base librarian and substitute as the employee-incharge in the absence of the librarian.
- Under the direction of the librarian, oversees library procurement/acquisitions process
- Provides ready reference services to library clientele by locating bibliographic information using standard library reference tools such as guides, indexes, bibliographies, professional directories, current card catalog, CD-ROMs, and online databases
- Performs descriptive and copy cataloging where the bibliographic characteristics are relatively easy to determine and cataloging decisions are adapted or changed from standards to meet specific library requirements
- Administers the day-to-day operation of the circulation desk
- Administers library programs, such as the summer reading program, children?s programs, and book rental program.
- Uses varied and advanced functions of word processing software to prepare, format, modify, edit, and print a variety of letters, reports, memos, and other textual documents
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/547942900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.