The Office of Inspector General (OIG) is committed to detecting and preventing fraud, waste, and abuse within the U. S. Agency for International Development (USAID). In addition to providing oversight of USAID, the OIG provides oversight of the U. S. African Development Foundation (USADF), the Inter-American Foundation (IAF), the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) and has statutory authorization to conduct reviews and inspections for the Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC).Learn more about this agency
As the Assistant Special Agent in Charge of the Operations Support Division, Oﬃce of Inspector General, Oﬃce of Investigations, you will lead, coordinate and direct the work of investigators and specialized support staﬀ conducting and supporting investigations. You will direct activities designed to prevent and detect fraud, waste and abuse in USAID, MCC, IAF, ADF and/or OPIC programs. You will supervise the work of the Operational Support Division executing primary functions of 1) policy development, planning, and external reporting; 2) oversight and execution of the USAID OIG hotline program; 3) development and oversight of specialized investigative support activities; and 4) evidence, inventory and records management.
You will also:
- Analyze results of investigations, and directs preparation of reports concerning fraud or administrative violations by USAID, MCC, IAF, ADF and/or OPIC personnel, contractors, suppliers, recipients and grantees in violation of U.S. criminal and civil law.
- Ensure the functionality and accuracy of USAID hotline and case reporting systems.
- Oversee firearms training, qualification, and maintenance programs.
- Oversee evidence and property inventory programs.
- Maintain sensitive law enforcement equipment, technical equipment, and vehicle fleet programs.
- Compile, monitor, and report investigative expenses, budgets, and status of funds.
- Working closely with multiple stakeholders and customers, identify and coordinate requisite procurements for the Oﬃce of Investigations.
- Aggregate, review, and approve for senior leadership special reports including the Semi-Annual Report to Congress (SARC).
- Prepare, review, and approve other reports such as program reviews, evaluations, and inspections.
- Provide briefings and other presentations to internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop special investigative techniques, resolves policy and procedural problems and provide staﬀ assistance as required.
- Coordinate with USAID OIG Learning and Development Division to ensure compliance with ongoing mandatory and proactive training requirements.
- Coordinate with the USAID OIG Quality Assurance Division to ensure all support activities meet CIGIE standards.
25% or less - Position requires travel to domestic and overseas locations.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/547842700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.