This position is part of the National Archives and Records Administration,Legislative Archives, Presidential Libraries and Museum Services / Harry S. Truman Library. As a Program Management Officer, you will share with the Library Director, the responsibilities for planning, directing, and administering all programs and activities of the library. You will set long-range program goals and evaluate program accomplishments.Learn more about this agency
As a Program Management Officer, you will:
- Serve as a principal advisor to NL and other officials on Presidential Library programs and serves as a visible representative of the National Archives and Records Administration.
- Assist the NLHST Library Director in directing programs through subordinate supervisors to a wide range of users (scholars, public officials, general public, etc). Ensure that economical and efficient operations are accomplished and maintained.
- Assure compliance with federal laws and regulations relating to overall library administration, museum programs and the archival programs of NL.
- Assist and share fully in the planning and directing of the programs and activities of the library which contains the papers of President and Mrs. Truman, including their public and private papers.
- Maintain close working relations with the Truman Library Institute, its Board members and other support organizations to secure their advice, counsel, and support in developing the facilities and services of the library and museum.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to occasionally travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/547764800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.