USAID Office of Inspector General (OIG) audits and investigations lead to significant recoveries, the identification of cost-savings opportunities, and program improvements that directly enhance the U.S. Government’s ability to extend development assistance; support economic growth; combat the spread of disease; promote democratic reform; and address food insecurity to countries around the world.Learn more about this agency
As a full performance Program Analyst assigned to Office of Audits, Global & Strategic Audits Division (GSAD) or the Office of Audit, Millennium Challenge Corporation, Audits Division (MCC/A) you will:
- Conduct high quality performance audits in compliance with Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS) and professional audit standards and Inspector General audit policies and procedures.
- Determine efficiency and effectiveness of agency programs and operations, achievement of program objectives to prevent the occurrence of waste, fraud, and abuse.
- Formulate conclusions and prepare written reports or segments thereof containing recommendations for corrective actions required on the part of program officials.
- Perform quality reviews of audit reports, surveys, and special studies conducted by IG audit staff.
- Brief audit mangers on progress of audits; identify significant audit areas which require decisions and presents recommendations and options on directions audits should take, including expansion or curtailment of initial audit efforts.
- Communicate with Agency representatives/internal stakeholders in order to acquire and/or disseminate information.
- Analyze whether audit recommendations have been successfully implemented, recommends changes and modifications as necessary and prepares summaries of analyses for Congress.
- Analyze and evaluate narrative, financial, and statistical reports and program data using quantitative and qualitative research methods and techniques, such as questionnaires, interviews, and reviews of computer data to assess the effectiveness of programs or operations in meeting established goals and measure applying relevant criteria.
- Prepare and maintain audit working papers including analytical summaries, in accordance with GAGAS.
- Assist senior staff in a full range of analytical steps, from planning and designing the audit through implementing the audit, to reporting results orally and in writing.
- Work with team members to establish relevant facts, determine if evidence collected is sufficient and appropriate to support findings, and link those findings to the appropriate solution.
- Participate in and lead interviews with federal agency officials and program recipients to collect information, conduct inspections, and/or present findings, conclusions, and recommendations.
Occasional travel - Occasional Travel may be required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/547751900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.