About the Position:Learn more about this agency
***This position is being solicited under the Direct Hire Authority for Certain Competitive Positions***
Serves as primary operator of a debris control boat engaged in collection and towing of floating debris in Puget Sound for removal by the mother vessel the PUGET. Incumbent is responsible for the efficient operation of the boat, accomplishment of the mission, and safety of personnel and equipment.
- Pilots and navigates a powered boat (26 feet and under in length) upon near-shore, inland and river waterways.
- Operates boat in shallow waters to collect and tow floating debris as directed by the Master of the Puget, when engaged in debris collection work.
- Assist with deckhand duties, consisting of debris removal and collection; rigging lines, cables and shackles; chain saw use and maintenance; assist in guiding crane operator and crane maintenance and assisting with maintenance of the Puget.
- Maintains ship's log and service records.
- Maintains full U.S. Coast Guard safety compliance for vessels at sea and additional safety equipment as needed.
- Maintains the boat in operating condition at all times, and ensures the craft is protected from the elements when not in operation.
- Make minor adjustments and repairs to all parts of engine and deck of the debris boat, as necessary, and performs maintenance painting to exterior and interior of boat, to include the same for the Puget vessel.
- Maintains and/or changes oil, replaces defective parts, and checks engine fluids, to include the Puget vessel.
- Performs house-keeping duties as required.
50% or less - Temporary travel for duty is approximately 50%.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/547611200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.