Securing Travel, Protecting People - At the Transportation Security Administration, you will serve in a high-stakes environment to safeguard the American way of life. In cities across the country, you would secure airports, seaports, railroads, highways, and/or public transit systems, thus protecting America's transportation infrastructure and ensuring freedom of movement for people and commerce. For additional information about our agency please: Click HereLearn more about this agency
This position Serves as a Health Physicist, in the Occupational Safety, Health, & Environment (OSHE) Division, Enterprise Support, Security and Administrative Services (SAS), Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Duties include but are not limited to:
- Administers a comprehensive radiation safety and health program. Applies knowledge of scientific principles of health physics in evaluating complex issues involving the use of both ionizing and non-ionizing radiation.
- Evaluates complex radiation issues that may surface with the introduction of new technologies and participates in activities of integrated product teams to ensure that systems meet radiation standards and are in compliance with applicable laws, rules, regulations, and policies.
- Conducts radiation surveys at TSA facilities to determine compliance with Federal, state, and local radiation safety standards, recommends corrective actions, and implements changes needed to reduce or eliminate hazards.
- Serves as a key technical point of contact for worker radiation protection, radioactive materials, and radiation safety while promoting a safe working environment. Responds to a wide range of inquiries regarding compliance with laws, rules, regulations, and policies governing radiation safety and risks associated with exposure to radiation.
- Serves as the appointed COR and technical authority within the OSHE Division for contract and procurement management. Responsible for contract surveillance and quality assurance oversight of acquisition projects.
This position is also being announced through Public (US Citizen) procedures under Announcement #HQ-ES-SAS-19-624486-P. Candidates who wish to be considered under both Public (US Citizens) and Government-Wide procedures must apply to both announcements.
25% or less - You will be expected to travel 25% or less for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/547536600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.