This position is located in the Technical Support Division of the Operations Directorate, Voice of America (VOA), Broadcasting Board of Governors, and is responsible for supporting and maintaining the technical infrastructure and all radio, TV, and digital broadcast equipment installed in VOA's multimedia broadcast studios and operations facilities, ensuring the operational compliance of these facilities to produce and broadcast VOA programming to world-wide audiences.Learn more about this agency
- Manages tasks related to fault isolation and emergency repairs of digital and analog broadcast equipment and systems used to produce and broadcast VOA multimedia (radio, TV, digital) programming;
- Reads and interprets schematics or detailed design drawings for equipment and systems installed across all broadcast platforms and facilities.
- Works with technical modifications in accordance with equipment manufacturer's bulletins to assure equipment performance and functional specifications. Modifications include firmware and software upgrades and electronic or mechanical modifications as required.
- Manages equipment installation and integration tasks in a technically complex and innovative multimedia broadcast environment. Installation and integration tasks are completed in an industry standard, professional manner using engineering drawings and wiring diagrams.
- Tests, repairs, and calibrates sophisticated cross-platform broadcast equipment to meet exacting U.S. and international broadcast standards.
- Prepares accurate and complete records of work performed and must be able to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing, with supervisors and peers.
- As a member of a multimedia broadcast technical team, responsible for applying skills and technical assistance in a disciplined and highly coordinated production and may be required to perform operational or other functions as needed.
- More supervision is required at the lower grade level.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/547530200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.