$103, 395-400,000 Education and length of practice will be considered through a formal pay-setting process in determining the final compensable salary (Base Pay + Market Pay).Learn more about this agency
The station offers full range of oncologic services for veterans with malignancies. Our station is ACR accredited and provides comprehensive radiation management utilizing SBRT, SRS, IMRT, IGRT, and 3D-CRT and prosate Brachytherapy. Our equipment includes a Varian TrueBeam Siemens ONCOR Philips Big Bore CT VariSeed LDR.
- The Radiation Oncologist works under the purview of the Chief of Radiation Oncology.
- The Radiation Oncologist evaluates and treats cancer patients using radiation therapy.
- The Radiation Oncologist must work well in teams in all aspects of clinical care.
- The Radiation Oncologist must have a full, current, and active license to practice medicine in in a state, territory or commonwealth of the United States or District of Columbia.
- The Radiation Oncologist treats cancer patients in a multi-disciplinary fashion based on NCCN guidelines.
- The Radiation Oncologist is responsible for consultation, simulation, planning, managing patients undergoing treatment (on-treatment visits), and follow-ups.
- The Radiation Oncologist participates in tumor boards including:
- General tumor board,
- Pulmonary tumor board,
- Urology tumor board, and
- Hepatocellular tumor board.
- The Radiation Oncologist is adept at treating with the latest techniques in radiation therapy, including SBRT, SRS, IRMT, IGRT, and 3D-CRT treatment planning.
- The Radiation Oncologist participates in weekly dosimetry and chart rounds and participate in QA.
- The Radiation Oncologist is responsible for teaching residents under the auspices of the SUNY Downstate radiation oncology residency program director.
Work Schedule: Monday thru Friday 8:00 am to 4:30pm (Due to the critical nature of this position which involves direct patient care candidate must be willing to work extended and/or irregular hours including weekends and Holidays).
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/547517100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.