This position is designated as SES, Career Reserved. USDA structures its SES positions into position levels. This is a position level two with a salary range of $171,001- $181,500 per year. Exceptions to the salary cap may be considered in certain circumstances. SES employees are also eligible to receive bonuses and performance-based awards. Visit http://www.opm.gov/ses/ for additional information and benefits for SES employees.Learn more about this agency
- The Deputy Director of the Office of Grants and Financial Management provides executive leadership and direction; serves as an advisor and agency expert; provides strategies and liaison; and initiates marketing ideas impacting program and policies.
- As the Deputy Director of the Office of Grants and Financial Management, the incumbent is responsible for providing national leadership, working with other Federal departments and agencies, including the Office of Management and Budget (OMB).
- The incumbent serves as a principal advisor to the Director in evaluating, planning, directing and coordinating all activities related to the mission and function of NIFA.
- Participates fully as an integral part of the NIFA leadership team that makes decisions regarding cooperative agricultural research, extension, economic, and education programs and policies.
- As a member of the NIFA leadership team, participates in the formulation and implementation of NIFA plans to meet the needs and challenges of food, agriculture and natural resources.
- Keeps the Associate Director for Operations abreast of developments as they relate to the overall mission of NIFA.
- Participates in the development of a national strategic plan for the advancement of agricultural sciences.
- Identifies needs for new or amended NIFA-wide policies, procedures, and practices and advises the Associate Director of the same.
- Provides national leadership and support for cooperative research, extension, and education programs and other cooperative activities in the food and agricultural sciences.
- Enters into grants and cooperative agreements to further research, extension, and teaching activities in the food and agricultural sciences (7 U.S.C 3318).
- Administers cost-reimbursable agreements in support of research, extension, or teaching activities in the food and agricultural sciences (7 U.S.C. 3319a).
- Serves as the NIFA contact with the USDA Office of the Chief Financial Officer on Federal financial assistance issues.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/547258300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.