The USDA, Agricultural Research Service (ARS) U.S. National Poultry Research Center (USNPRC) includes two facilities, the Richard B. Russell Research Center (RBRRC) and the Southeast Poultry Research Laboratory (SEPRL). The RBRRC is ARS' major center for poultry and food safety research. The SEPRL is a World-renowed reference laboratory with international stature in Avian Influenza diagnostics, testing and vaccine development as well as strain typing.Learn more about this agency
- The Director serves in a leadership role for planning and developing overall policies, and procedures for broad, goal-oriented research and management programs.
- Participates in a matrix management environment to develop research priorities and projections, budgets, and use of facilities based on the needs of agriculture nationwide.
- Lead and directs an organized and systematic approach to identify research needs of stakeholders and clientele, plan research approaches, accurately forecast the resources required, and projects time required to make advances with substantial impact.
- Evaluates the excellence and effectiveness of program operations in terms of adherence to intended objectives, schedules, utilization of resources, and qualitative value of research results or managerial programs.
- Foster and develop cooperative relationships to extend and increase the effectiveness of Agency research objectives with technical officers of the States, other Federal agencies, scientific organizations, public institutions, and consumer groups.
- Serves as an advocate for research programs of the Center and as the designated Agency representative to serve on technical or research planning committees.
- Collaborates with other Agency managers nationwide to plan, coordinate, and evaluate joint research established to fulfill the need for integrated approaches with the Agency strategic plans.
- Advises the Director, Southeast Area and other officials of technical and administrative problems.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/547249600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.