Applicants must meet Specialized Experience requirements as stated below.
GS-12: Applicants must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service or possess a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or possess an equivalent combination of graduate level education and experience. Graduate education must be directly related to the work of the position and must have equipped applicants with the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work. Specialized experience is experience directly related to the position to be filled. Specialized experience requirements for the GS-12 level are defined as:
- Experience producing publications as the primary author or contributor that fill in gaps relating to plant-pollinator relationships in cropped and non-cropped systems;
- Experience producing publications as the primary author or contributor that fill in gaps investigating the factors that influence weed suppression, insect health, successful pollination or biodiversity;
- Experience developing information or providing technical support to research projects;
- Being recognized through citation as a contributor to projects, or peer-reviewed publications and papers in the identified field of research;
- Presenting information to professional societies within and outside of the organization in the area of specialization.
GS-13: Applicants must possess one year of specialized equivalent to the next lower grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience is experience directly related to the position to be filled. Specialized experience requirements for the GS-13 level are defined as:
- Producing publications as the primary author that are of interest and value to the field of plant-pollinators, weed suppression, successful pollination, biodiversity or insect health;
- Conceiving and formulating research ideas that support or produce studies by others;
- Developing products in the identified field of research that solve important scientific problems;
- Being invited to present information to professional societies within and outside of the organization on technical matters and practices in the area of specialization.
Applicants must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of the announcement including specialized experience and/or education, as defined below.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
To be considered for this position, you must submit a one-page abstract of your MS thesis and/or Ph.D. dissertation. Also, submit a list of names, addresses, and phone numbers of persons familiar with your stature, contributions, recognition; any honors or awards received; memberships in professional or honor societies; invitations to make presentations at scientific/technical meetings; scientific society office and committee assignments; presentations (other than invitation); and publications.
Applicants must be available to report for duty at the time a selection is made. Selections are typically made within 30 days of the closing date of the announcement.