This position is located on the White Mountain National Forest, Androscoggin Ranger District in Gorham, New Hampshire.Learn more about this agency
This position may be filled either at the GS-6 level with promotion potential to the GS-7 or at the GS-7 Level. See the responsibilities section for a summary of the responsibilities.
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Travis Pellerin at 603-466-2713 x1216 or email email@example.com
- Responsibilities listed below are at the full performance level.
- Coordinate and direct all aspects of the daily operations for a vistor facility, resolving any problems that arise.
- Develop and maintain policy and procedure manuals including the policies for front desk operations including permit issuance and interpretive services.
- Provide input to the budget planning by assisting with the overall estimation of materials, personnel, and supplies required for work accomplishment.
- Make recommendations regarding interpretive services, pass and permit operations and procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness of visitor center operations.
- Serve as unit collection officer with responsibility for accounting, balancing, reconciling, and accurate record keeping of the visitor center funds.
- Suggest specific changes to cash handling procedures and develop control mechanisms for the overall receipt and disbursement process.
- Perform periodic audits and prepare reports on the status of funds.
- Maintain awareness of agency communication trends to ensure information disseminated to visitors is accurate and up-to-date.
- Develop environmental and wilderness education programs for presentation to various audiences.
- Work with external partners to advance the goals of the Fores Service interpretive services program.
- Coordinate with multiple departments, agencies, and external partners to create partnerships for effective community outreach.
- Manage the staff schedule for the visitor center and assure all assigned staff are trained and fully comply with health and safety and all other pertinent regulations and guidelines for the center and the Forest Service.
- Performs limited supervisory duties.
Occasional travel - Occasional Travel for meetings and/or training may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/546908400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.