The Department of Defense Office of Inspector General (DoD OIG) offers potential applicants more than just jobs and professions. A career with the DoD OIG offers those who qualify, an opportunity to serve our Nation and those who are defending it worldwide. This position provides the opportunity to apply the depth and breadth of your experience to strengthening the integrity, efficiency, and effectiveness of the Department of DefenseLearn more about this agency
- The incumbent serves as the principal advisor to the IG, the Principal Deputy Inspector General, and the Chief of Staff on strategic planning, process improvement, and agency-wide program management in support of the mission.
- The incumbent provides executive-level leadership and direction to subordinate managers in all matters related to strategic planning and products, organizational design and performance, and business process and system improvement.
- The portfolio includes oversight of initiatives to include the DoD Top Management Challenges, the DoD OIG Annual Oversight Plan, and other relevant strategic documents and projects.
- Provides executive-level direction and oversight in the development, implementation, modification, and evaluation of the DoD OIG Strategic Plan.
- Provides executive-level direction and oversight to achieve Government Performance and Results Modernization Act strategic objectives; and the DoD OIG performance measures program.
- Monitors the federal and DoD strategic environment to ensure that organizational strategic and oversight planning supports and integrates higher-level strategic plans, initiatives, priorities, and policies into all aspects of OIG operations.
- Provides executive leadership for developing the DoD Top Management Challenges and developing and implementing a robust OIG Annual Planning Process to ensure proper resourcing and alignment of the OIG Annual Oversight Plan.
- Leads and coordinates policy development and business rules, and establishes processes for implementation of new programs.
- Synchronizes the annual planning process with performance management, enterprise risk management, budget formulation, and other significant agency planning or policy decisions.
- Provides executive leadership and direction for, and manages the implementation of, DoD OIG organizational design initiatives and workforce planning.
- Provides executive leadership for business process and system improvement initiatives for the DoD OIG enterprise.
- Manages mid and long-range studies and processes pertaining to strategic planning and business process reengineering. Evaluates organizational effectiveness through analysis of data, studies, reports, and briefings.
- Evaluates organizational structures, business processes, resource requirements, performance measures and evaluation criteria. Develops alternatives and recommendations to the IG, Principal Deputy Inspector General, and Chief of Staff.
- Develops strategic partnerships within the DoD and the Federal oversight community to further the continuous improvement of DoD OIG business processes and systems.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/546632300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.