The United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) is seeking a technical expert to advance the shared understanding of how to best implement the opportunities presented by Artificial Intelligence. The role will provide technical expertise in developing solutions for real-world, large-scale problems using Artificial Intelligence at the USPTO.Learn more about this agency
The primary role of the Senior Level Artificial Intelligence Expert will be to provide leadership and expertise in bridging the gap between areas of opportunity for Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Research Scientist(s) developing proof of concepts to Software Engineer(s) putting AI into production by possessing deep understanding of trends and strategies for identifying solutions to meet mission critical business areas of opportunity. The Senior Level for AI will also be responsible for the following:
- Providing expert technical advice to Chief Information Officer and Deputy Chief Information Officer and participating in high-level decision-making regarding production and operational implementation of Artificial Intelligence (AI) infrastructure/architecture throughout the enterprise including expert knowledge of state-of-the-art approaches;
- Demonstrate thought leadership to advise on AI and automation strategy and detailed use cases development by business units;
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of security and Artificial Intelligence and ability to convey understanding of implications of training data;
- Demonstrate capabilities of knowledge representation, learning and search: graph/ontology/taxonomy experts to design and maintain knowledge representations or metadata structures and apply these in learning processes, knowledge storage, search, navigation and retrieval;
- Lead strategy engagements with mission critical internal business units to create clear and actionable strategic AI roadmaps and supporting business cases that both delineate a broader end-game, while also prioritizing quick wins with near-term measurable impact;
- Actively develop and maintain client relationships with senior leadership as an advisor on Artificial Intelligence;
- Advising and evaluating requirements for IT procurement solicitations related to Artificial Intelligence;
- Facilitates and collaborates patent and trademark stakeholders to elicit, analyze, and define software features and functionality consistent with customer needs, expectations, and constraints supporting mission driven Artificial Intelligence;
- Identifying and communicating tangible business benefits and overseeing the preparation of step-by-step transition guides to ensure successful adoption and implementation of new methodologies;
- Experience discussing a wide range of strategic imperatives across functional, operational and technological issues;
- Practical Business and Technical Architecture experience (business / operation models, personas, process modelling); and
- Meeting with external stakeholders, gathering feedback, and designing flexible solutions to unite conflicting stakeholder views.
Occasional travel - Occasional Travel will be necessary.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/546501200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.