If you would like to be a part of a Federal organization dedicated to serving our Nation and those who defend it, consider a career with the Department of Defense Office of Inspector General (DoD OIG). The agency promotes integrity, accountability and improvement of critical DoD programs and operations to support mission accomplishment and to serve the public interest. The DoD offers the full range of Federal benefits and a flexible work schedule, depending on position requirements.Learn more about this agency
- Searches, collects, and preserves information using automated recordkeeping tools, systems, and technologies.
- Processes complex requests for sensitive information, including classified materials.
- Perform detailed research projects in a broad range of current and legacy sources in direct support of court orders, official investigations, Freedom of Information Act requests, litigation or other authorized requests for information.
- Identifies approaches to improve the quality of metadata. Develops and applies classification systems (e.g. lists. Trees, hierarchies, facets, system maps, folksonomy and database schemas) to improve organization, navigation and findability.
- Develops and maintains enterprise search capabilities by improving mechanisms such as keyword based searching and semantic techniques.
- Deploys and maintains the organization thesaurus to improve search and classification.
- Modify standard library practices, precedents, and techniques to solve a variety of information access, dissemination, and preservation problems.
- Manages and adapts precedents such as automating workflows and policies concerning the uploading of content and its cataloguing with descriptive and other metadata.
- Identifies sources and strategy for content capture, identifies issues associated with sharing content across and outside the agency, determine effective document collaboration (e.g. workflow, audit trail, and version control).
- Analyze and synthesize information to provide insights and advice to leaders to support business decisions.
- Review content of agency contributors for completeness and compliance with system policies, incorporating best practices and the OIG unique requirements.
- Collaborates with management, staff, end users, and other IT personnel to organize information. Work with internal teams to facilitate use and support adoption of automated systems.
- Provide instruction, instructional materials, and documentation for different user audiences to support efficiency in the use, findability, and ingestion of information.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/546272300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.