Applications under this job opportunity announcement will be considered under external competitive procedures only. This vacancy is also being advertised under merit promotion procedures as NPC-2019-0540, Geography Technician, GG-0303-05, GB-AB-MAP-Internal-NIGHT SHIFT, which can be accessed at http://jobsearch.USAJOBS.gov/
This is a Temporary Appointment, initial appointment is not to exceed 9/26/2020. Temporary Appointments may be extended up to 24 months.Learn more about this agency
This job opportunity is for a night shift Geography Technician position in the Geography Branch at the National Processing Center (NPC), U.S. Bureau of the Census located in Jeffersonville, Indiana. This position is included in the bargaining unit.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
The individual selected for this position will:
- Perform research and assign geographic location codes to address information using pre-coded Census Bureau developed reference databases and uncoded mapping applications available on the internet.
- Perform address matching and induplication, conducting research, as needed.
- Interactively update geographic spatial digital databases with linear features, such as roads, point locations, such as map spots, and/or areas via boundary updates, maintaining positional accuracy.
- Contact agencies, as specified by operational requirements, to obtain address, boundary, and/or other geographic information.
- Conduct verification and adjudication, as part of a quality assurance program, and provide feedback.
- Conduct geographic problem resolution, resolving contradictory information, seeking missing information, and enhancing deficient information.
Tour of Duty: Multiple shifts available. Alternate Work Schedule (AWS) is not available.
Full time night shift - Mon-Fri, 4:00 p.m. to 12:30 a.m.
Part time night shift - Mon-Fri, 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
For day shift Geography Technician positions, please see announcement number NPC-2019-0531, Geography Technician, GG-0303-05, GB-AB-MAP-External-DAY SHIFT.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/546212300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.