Join CMS as our Chief Health Informatics Officer and help lead initiatives that transform healthcare delivery and promote interoperability. We are laser-focused on reducing burden on clinicians, providers and patients while encouraging care coordination across the healthcare delivery system. Be a part of a team of leaders focused on taking health IT and data sharing to the next level to improve health outcomes, empower patients and drive down costs.Learn more about this agency
- Drive forward and expand health IT initiatives CMS has already begun, such as reengineering the CMS EHR Incentive programs to focus on interoperability, and play a critical role in setting the health IT vision for the future.
- Lead efforts to facilitate development of application interfaces to share data so that clinicians have access to claims data and a structured patient history that includes information like previous diagnoses and procedures and medication lists.
- Engage with stakeholders from all parts of the healthcare system, including industry leaders and our Federal partners.
- Provide expertise on CMS programs and policies that address health informatics , electronic data capture/exchange and interoperability when engaged with medical professional organizations on CMS activities that improve healthcare delivery.
- Coordinate CMS policy efforts with a range of experts and governance processes to develop CMS's external facing policy on health informatics.
- Serve as a supervisory physician supporting CMS' leadership team as well as HHS by providing expertise and professional and authoritative analysis of issues affecting CMS's health informatics program.
- Plan work for subordinate staff, set and adjust short-term priorities and prepare schedules/project plans for work completion.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel 5% for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/546130700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.