*This announcement will remain open until November 15, 2019. Cut-off dates for referral to hiring managers for selection consideration will be established as needed by the agency. The first cut-off date will be 2 weeks from the opening date of this announcement.Learn more about this agency
Note: One or more positions may be filled using this vacancy announcement throughout the Special Agent in Charge (SAC) area of responsibility. You may be selected for any location within the area of responsibility you indicate a preference for.
In addition, this announcement will be used to fill positions in HSI Headquarters. HSI Headquarters locations include: Arlington, VA; Fairfax, VA; Herndon, VA; Lorton, VA; McLean, VA; Rosslyn, VA; Sterling, VA; and Tysons Corner, VA. You must select one or more of these locations on your application in order to be considered for HSI Headquarters positions.
As a Management and Program Analyst you will serve as an expert analyst and advisor on the evaluation of the effectiveness of programs and operations and/or the productivity and efficiency of management policies. Typical work assignments include:
- Implement, coordinate, and/or oversee a variety of complex management programs impacting agency activities;
- Plan and/or coordinate broad and/or in-depth special studies;
- Determine the applicability and effect of new or proposed legislation, executive orders, agency and bureau directives, and develop and/or evaluate current policies, issuances, and directives in assigned areas of responsibility;
- Manage and support high profile projects, operational systems and relational databases; and
- Prepare and/or provide briefings and presentations on analytical findings and recommendations for improving business processes and increasing operational efficiency.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
14 - Not all positions filled by this job announcement will have a promotion potential of GS-14. You will receive confirmation of your promotion potential if you are notified of a tentative selection.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/545517800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.