This employee serves the Pacific Northwest Research Station in Corvallis, OR. The Administrative Support Assistant performs purchasing/procurement transactions for the Lab and other offices within the Station, office machine operations, word processing, special project assignments, receptionist and clerical duties.Learn more about this agency
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Damon Lesmeister at 541-750-7342 or by email at damon.lesmeister @usda.gov
- Handles programs, operations, and calls, of a routine nature, and refers to appropriate personnel.
- Work closely with research scientist, professional, technical, administrative staff, and/or the public.
- Receive and/or distribute supplies and special order items.
- Ensure that the accountable property is accounted for and utilized in the office.
- Assists with a full range of purchasing and procurement needs of the unit.
- Maintain procurement and/or purchasing files in accordance with Federal regulations
- Receive data from multiple sources in multiple forms, including email, reviews the data, and processes it to meet a variety of administrative needs
Occasional travel - Travel 2-3 times per year to other Forest Service offices or field locations and attend other professional meetings.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/545413000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.