You will serve as a HEALTH PHYSICIST in the RADIOLOGICAL ENGINEERING DIVISION of PSNS.Learn more about this agency
- You will review work instructions that have the potential for high personnel radiation exposure or the spread of radioactive contamination from the standpoint of radiological health and safety.
- You will conduct frequent reviews of radiological work in progress to determine the level of compliance with established radiological controls.
- You will review completed work for adequacy of results obtained and conformance with general policies.
- You will develop new or improved processes, systems, or techniques to reduce costs and production time
- You will assess and investigate radiological control problems.
- You will coordinate with related technical and production organizations the most reasonable and technically acceptable solutions to problems encountered during shipyard work.
- You will recommend changes to work instructions and radiological work in progress.
- You will assist in resolving controversial, unusually complex and novel problems in group discussions.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/545287900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.