This position is located in VBA's Loan Guaranty Service in Washington, DC. This office is responsible for policies, regulations, procedures, and standards with respect to several related mission-essential program segments that involve the guaranty of loans, determination of veteran eligibility for loans, determination of eligible veterans for specially adapted housing and special home adaptation grants, and the making of direct loans to Native American veterans living on trust lands.Learn more about this agency
- Serve as Assistant Director of the Loan Policy and Valuation Program within the Office of Loan Guaranty Service.
- Manage a staff of loan specialists, appraisers and analysts.
- Direct the work performed by units comprising of the Loan Policy, Valuation, and Specially Adapted Housing teams.
- Analyze and evaluate loan guaranty realty policies and procedures and outline processes necessary to address issues or challenges that impact the overall organizational effectiveness.
- Serve as a program expert in researching and analyzing complex policies for key program issues internal to the program.
- Review proposed legislation pertaining to the Loan Guaranty Program.
- Prepare departmental position and testimony to be given at Congressional hearings.
- Conduct analysis required to determine needed administrative practices and procedures required of the programs national cadre of lenders, appraisers and other program participants.
- Interact with senior leadership within the government and the mortgage industry to explain and defend complex and sensitive information about the organizational activities, goals, and policies.
- Analyze and recommend action to legally suspend lenders and builders and has complete responsibility regarding action on appeals from suspended builders and lenders, including arranging hearings, reviewing transcripts and recommending disposition.
- Oversee development, planning and coordination of polices, procedures, regulations and standards for field office staff, architects, builders, contractors, real estate agents, attorneys and other fee personnel governing grant program functions.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/544988200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.