About the Position:Learn more about this agency
This is a Direct Hire Solicitation for Cyber Workforce Positions.
The incumbent serves as an expert in the Data Analysis Directorate, and performs as a Senior Data Scientist with mastery data knowledge, responsible for researching and modeling the most complex problems, discovering insights and identifying opportunities through the use of statistical, algorithmic, mining and visualization techniques.
- Serve as an expert analyst providing advanced level data science analytics characterized as highly unstructured and complex, having little definition or clarity, and especially complex analytic projects assigned to the organization.
- Use a wide range of data analytical activities entailing data cleaning, data visualization, trend analysis, scripting or algorithm development, to provide descriptive, predictive as well as develop new prescriptive analytics.
- Provide expert advice and educates managers and customers from both the IT and the business perspectives on new approaches, such as proposing and testing new hypotheses and statistical validation of results.
- Use scientific disciplines to adapt mathematical and statistical models and computer programs that will be used to evaluate the operational performance of various systems and programs.
- Collaborate with network subject matter experts, management, and decision-makers to clarify issues and objectives and propose process improvements.
- Use advanced predictive analysis, data visualization, modeling, machine learning, and data science methods to extract meaningful value from the Army's Big Data Platform.
Occasional travel - Up to 15% Business Travel Required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/544962100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.