This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Coast Guard, Surface Forces Logistics Center, Engineering Services Division, Baltimore, MD.Learn more about this agency
You will serve as a Naval Architect Technician with responsibilities in Naval Architecture. Your responsibilities will also include completing small projects and participating in teams.
Being a Coast Guard Civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard Team.
Typical work assignments include:
* Using drafting skills prepares preliminary layouts and sketches for development of new structural, compartment, equipment or systems arrangements.
* Using computer aided drafting (CAD) as well as manual drafting techniques to create new and modify existing drawings.
* Working in a shipyard and/or on board ships or boats.
* Performing ship checks and site visits, independently and as a team member, to gather information for the preparation of reports, detailed construction drawings and work instructions.
* Assisting in executing design or other projects as directed. These projects may be executed in a matrix organization that includes the other Surface Forces Logistics Center (SFLC) Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering Branch Sections, SFLC Product Lines, Coast Guard YARD, and the Headquarters Ship Design Team.
* Using extensive engineering knowledge to develop layouts and sketches for the installation, modification, or replacement of systems. Computer Aided Design (CAD) skill is required for 2D and 3D software.
* Developing and maintaining project data such as cost and schedule data, technical reports, drawings, bills of materials, and test memorandum.
* Analyzing data and identifying problems and proposing remedial actions.
Occasional travel - 1 - 5 days per month.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/544752300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.