This position is located within the IT Security Office (ITSO) of the Department of Technology Services (DTS). The incumbent must have a proven record of successfully leading cyber security activities at a national level and will perform multiple and varying assignments within the IT Security Office.Learn more about this agency
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Advocate for necessary resources, including financial resources, to conduct an effective enterprise security program.
- Advise senior management (e.g., CIO) on cost/benefit analysis of information security programs, policies, processes, systems, and elements.
- Communicate the value of information technology (IT) security throughout all levels of the organization stakeholders.
- Align information technology (IT) security priorities with the security strategy.
- Oversee information security budget and contracting.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the enterprise's cybersecurity safeguards to ensure that they provide the intended level of protection.
- Recommend policy and coordinate review and approval.
- Supervise or manage protective or corrective measures when a cybersecurity incident or vulnerability is discovered.
- Promote awareness of security issues among management and ensure sound security principles are reflected in the organization's vision and goals.
- Oversee policy standards and implementation strategies to ensure procedures and guidelines comply with cybersecurity policies.
- Ensure that plans of actions and milestones or remediation plans are in place for vulnerabilities identified during risk assessments, audits, inspections, etc.
- Coordinate with organizational manpower stakeholders to ensure appropriate allocation and distribution of human capital assets.
- Assess policy needs and collaborate with stakeholders to develop policies to govern cyber activities.
- Design/integrate a cyber strategy that outlines the vision, mission, and goals that align with the organization's strategic plan.
- Conduct long-range, strategic planning efforts with internal and external partners in cyber activities.
- Collaborate on cyber privacy and security policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with cybersecurity personnel on the security risk assessment process to address privacy compliance and risk mitigation.
- Guide a team of IT security experts.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to establish a cybersecurity risk management program.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/544665600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.