The Command, Power and Integration Directorate of the CCDC C5ISR Center (formerly US Army CERDEC) enables transition of optimum capabilities to the warfighter through R&D, integration and demonstration of technologies, and through the support to our customers in our core mission areas -information and knowledge management; portable and mobile power; platform integration and prototyping; environmental control systems; and position and navigation.Learn more about this agency
- Serve as Supervisory Engineer/Scientist within the Position, Navigation & Timing Division for the Command, Power and Integration Directorate (CPID) of the CCDC C5ISR Center.
- Utilize extensive knowledge of position, navigation, and precision timing related engineering technologies and leadership practices in this field to oversee the efforts of a professional, technical, and administrative workforce.
- Represent the Directorate at meetings, conferences, technical interchanges and working groups to impact discussions concerning position, navigation, and precision timing related development and technology business ventures.
- Duties require the ability to plan, organize, direct, lead, manage, coordinate and monitor progress of various position, navigation, and precision timing technology initiatives.
50% or less - More than 25% business travel may be required
Conditions of Employment
- This position requires the incumbent be able to obtain and maintain a determination of eligibility for a Secret security clearance for the duration of employment.
- This position requires the incumbent to submit a yearly Financial Disclosure Statement, OGE-450 upon entry to the position and annually thereafter.
- This position has an acquisition certification requirement. The selectee must meet position requirements for certification at Level III in the acquisition career field of Engineering within 24 months of entrance on duty.
- This is a Critical Acquisition Position. Selectee must be an Acquisition Corps member at the time of selection or have been granted a waiver. Selectee must execute a written agreement to remain in Federal service in the position for at least 3yrs.
- The selectee is subject to completion of a 1yr supervisory probationary period upon entering the position unless already completed.
- This position has an education requirement, therefore, Official college or university transcript (or copies) must be submitted to be considered eligible.
- THE POSITION BEING FILLED IS AN OBLIGATED POSITION. You will be asked to sign an agreement acknowledging that you are aware of the obligation and willing to be displaced under reduction in force procedures upon the return of the former incumbent.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act
- Military Spouse Preference (MSP) for Overseas Employment
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Specialized experience is defined as work that involves 1) performing scientific/engineering work in the domain of position, navigation, and precision timing; 2) participation in project administration activities (examples include but are not limited to strategic planning; identification/allocation of resources - financial, personnel or otherwise; acquisition lifecycle; identifying objectives/milestones; etc.); and 3) demonstrated leadership of a team or working group on a scientific/engineering program or project. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (DB-03/GS-13).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Customer Service
- Project Management
- Technical Competence
800 Series OPM Basic Education Requirement:
Successful completion of a full four-year professional engineering curriculum leading to a bachelor's or higher degree in engineering in an accredited college or university. The curriculum included differential and integral calculus and courses (more advanced than first-year physics and chemistry) in five of the following seven areas of engineering science or physics: (a) statics, dynamics; (b) strength of materials (stress-strain relationships); (c) fluid mechanics, hydraulics; (d) thermodynamics; (e) electrical fields and circuits; (f) nature and properties of materials (relating particle and aggregate structure to properties); and (g) any other comparable area of fundamental engineering science or physics, such as optics, heat transfer, soil mechanics, or electronics. OR
Successful completion of a full four-year professional engineering curriculum leading to a bachelor's or higher degree in engineering from an accredited college or university that has an engineering curriculum accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET). OR
Successfully passed the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) Exam (formerly known as the Engineer-in-Training or EIT), or the written test required for professional registration administered by the Boards of Engineering Examiners in the various States, the District of Columbia, Guam, and Puerto Rico. Have completed all the requirements for a bachelor's degree in engineering technology (BET) from an accredited college or university that included 60 semester hours of courses in the physical, mathematical, and engineering sciences, or have completed a BET from an ABET accredited program. OR
Registered as a Professional Engineer in the District of Columbia, Guam, Puerto Rico, or any State in the United States. The registration is based on a written examination given by the State Board. OR
A combination of at least four years of college level education, training, and/or technical experience that included successful completion of at least 60 semester hours of courses in the physical, mathematical, and engineering sciences, including the courses listed in the paragraph above. Course work completed is fully acceptable toward the requirements of a professional engineering curriculum. OR
Successfully completed a four-year curriculum leading to a bachelor's degree in engineering technology or in a related scientific curriculum such as physics, chemistry, architecture, computer science, mathematics, hydrology, or geology; and, have at least one year of professional engineering experience under the guidance and supervision of a professional engineer. **NOTE: If you fall in this category you MUST submit a memorandum on organization letterhead from the professional engineering supervisor you worked under. This memo MUST include the following: the supervisor's name, pay plan-series-grade, dates under his/her supervision and their engineering number. The body of the memo must annotate the engineering duties you performed at the next lower grade level of the position being recruited for and the duration of your experience. Failure to provide this documentation may result in an ineligible rating.** OR
Completion of an engineering degree at a foreign college or university and the courses have been accepted for advanced credit in engineering by an accredited college or university in the United States, or an organization recognized for specializing in the evaluation of foreign education has stated that education is equivalent to a professional engineering program at an accredited college in the United States. You will submit proof of this acceptance or evaluation with your application.
1550 Series OPM Basic Education Requirement:
Successful completion of a full four-year professional computer science degree from an accredited college or university. OR
Successful completion of a full four-year professional curriculum from an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's with 30 semester hours in a combination of mathematics, statistics, and computer science. (At least 15 of the 30 semester hours must have included any combination of statistics and mathematics that included differential and integral calculus.)
FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.
THIS POSITION IS OBLIGATED BEING FILLED VIA MODIFIED TERM APPOINTMENT NTE 5YRS.
An obligated position is one to which an employee has statutory restoration rights or entitlement based on active military service, recovery from a compensable injury, or return rights based on an overseas tour. You will be asked to sign an agreement acknowledging that you are aware of the obligation and willing to be displaced under reduction in force procedures upon the return of the former incumbent.
The modified term appointment is based on the term appointment authority that exists in the Civil Service system, but extends the time period to five years (rather than four) with an additional one-year approved extension. Employees hired under the modified term are in a non-permanent status but MAY be eligible for conversion to a career-conditional (permanent) appointment. To be converted, the employee must have been initially selected under competitive procedures with the job announcement specifically stating that individual(s) selected for the term position may be eligible for conversion to a career-conditional appointment at a later date; be selected under merit promotion procedures for the permanent position; have served two years of continuous service in the term position and be performing at an acceptable level. The individual(s) selected for this term position MAY be placed into a permanent career-conditional appointment at a later date without further competition.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Three year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct deposit of pay is required.
- This position requires you to submit a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE450) upon entry, and annually thereafter.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see here Reemployed Annuitant.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 16 - Engineers and Scientists (non-construction) position.
- This is an Army Acquisition, Logistics and Technology Workforce position. Selectees must meet position requirements for certification at Level III in Acquisition Career Field Engineering within 24 months of entrance on duty.
- This is a Critical Acquisition Position. Unless waived by the appropriate Army official or if the employee is Grandfathered under 10 U.S.C. 1736(c)(1), the following are statutorily mandated requirements (Ref: 10 U.S.C. 1732 and 1737):
- Selectee must be an Acquisition Corps (AC) member at the time of permanent selection for the position or have been granted a waiver.
- Selectee must execute a written agreement to remain in Federal service in the position for at least three years. In signing such agreement, the employee does not forfeit any employment rights, nor does such an agreement alter any other terms or conditions of employment.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) Expenses are NOT Authorized
- Relocation (Government Home Sale) Expenses are NOT Authorized
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link Alternate Application.
- This position is covered under an alternative personnel system known as the Science and Technology Reinvention Laboratory Management Demonstration Project. The Demonstration replaces GS grade levels with occupational families and pay bands. The salary range of the position being filled will not be decreased with the change to pay bands. This position, Supervisory Engineer/Scientist, DB-04, incorporates GS-14 step 1 through GS-15 step 10 grade and salary levels. The full-performance level of this position is DB-04.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your résumé and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your résumé and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority for this position. To receive selection priority, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria (2) be rated well-qualified for the position and; (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. To be considered well-qualified and receive selection priority applicants must satisfy all qualification requirements for the position and receive a score of 90 or above. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.
The documents you are required to submit vary based on the authority you are using to apply (i.e., applying as a veteran, applying as a current permanent Federal employee, applying as a reinstatement, etc). Please review the following links to see which documents you need to provide to prove your eligibility to apply: Applicant Merit Checklist and Proof of Eligibility.
As described above, your complete application includes your resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and documents which prove your eligibility to apply. If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.
1. Your resume:
- Your resume may be submitted in any format and must support the specialized experience described in this announcement.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as incomplete and you may not receive consideration for this position.
- For additional information see: What to include in your resume.
- Cover Letter, optional
- Most recent Performance Appraisal, if applicable
- Proof of Eligibility to Apply: Your application must include the documents which prove you are eligible to apply for the vacancy. The Proof of Eligibility document describes authorities commonly used in merit promotion recruitment and what document(s) are required to prove you meet the requirements of the authority. You must meet the requirements of at least one of the authorities listed in the Who May Apply section above to receive further consideration.
- This position has an individual occupational requirement and/or allows for substitution of education for experience. If you meet this requirement based on education you MUST submit a copy of your transcript with your application package or you will be rated ineligible. See: Transcripts and Licenses
- This position allows for a job-related license or certification. You MUST submit a copy of your license or certification with your application package or you will be rated ineligible. See: Transcripts and Licenses
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section above.
The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on 09/13/2019 to receive consideration.
- To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application (https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10579193).
- Follow the prompts to select your résumé and/or other supporting documents to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
- After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
- You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application. You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.
- It is your responsibility to verify that your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) is complete, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
- Additional information on how to complete the online application process and submit your online application may be found on the USA Staffing Applicant Resource Center.
Agency contact information
Army Applicant Help Desk
AddressAG-APF-W4G8AA US ARMY COMBAT CAPABILITIES DEV CMD
DO NOT MAIL
Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD 21005
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/544425500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.