This position is located in the National Weather Service (NWS), National Centers for Environmental Prediction (NCEP), Space Weather Prediction Center (SWPC) with one vacancy located in Boulder, Colorado.
Monster Government Solutions (MGS) will be performing scheduled maintenance between Saturday, September 7th and Monday, September 9th. You may not be able to complete the application process during this time. The scheduled maintenance will end 7:00 a.m. ET, Monday, September 9th.Learn more about this agency
As a Senior Software Developer, you will perform the following duties:
- Serve as a senior software developer in the Development and Transition Section (DTS) by supporting the analysis of current computer and/or supercomputer system capabilities, the analysis of Space Weather Prediction Center (SWPC) requirements, and the planning of software development solutions that are associated with all assigned tasks and projects.
- Establish unique computer programming and Application Development solutions as assigned by a Project Manager or DTS Team Lead.
- Analyze and gather all requirements related to the software development life cycle including software design, specification, testing, evaluation, documentation, and implementation.
- Interact with other SWPC and National Centers for Environmental Prediction (NCEP) components, as appropriate, to define computer programming application requirements and to facilitate the use of supercomputer computer hosted application programs.
- Draft technical documentation for software solutions which includes the software’s detailed specifications, design documents, and test plans.
Occasional travel - Up to 5% of domestic travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/544347100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.