This position is located at the United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service, Market and Trade Economics Division, Animal Products and Cost of Production Branch.Learn more about this agency
You will serve as an Agricultural Economist working in the area of enterprise cost-of-production in the Animal Products and Cost of Production (APCOP) Branch.
- Identifies factors affecting economic phenomena in assigned areas of study, including technology, behavioral, market structure and policy factors.
- Formulates project plans, developing methodology, determining data needs, and defining resources needed to carry out complex economic analysis.
- Develops new procedures and guidelines related to receiving, filing, and distributing preliminary survey datasets.
- Conceptualizes complex economic problems requiring a broad understanding of numerous interrelationships, complex variables, and analytical methods.
- Reviews and synthesizes published economic and technical literature to identify analytical developments and remain current with analytical studies, especially related to the cost and returns of agricultural production.
- Uses statistical and econometric methods to analyze the effects of supply, demand, trade, price and policy developments on assigned areas of study.
- Takes the overall lead in assembling and maintaining multi-year datasets ensuring data quality; developing protocols for data editing processes and other identification; and identifying and proposing solutions for new and unexpected data challenges.
- Initiates item design and placement, identifies working challenges, and proposes solutions for design and implementation of complex surveys.
- Prepares major or entire sections of assigned areas in various publications and/or other information resources.
- Presents major findings and their significance in the form of published reports, staff reports, and/or briefings to top ERS and USDA officials.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/544251100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.