This position is being filled under an Expedited Hiring Authority (EHA).Learn more about this agency
This position is part of the Defense Threat Reduction Agency.
As a Interdisciplinary Operations Research Analyst/Mathematician/Computer Scientist at the GS-1515/1520/1550-15 some of your typical work assignments may include:
- As an acquisition steward identifies and validate technical development needs, conducts or oversees initial strategy sessions to develop initial acquisition strategies, conducts or oversees market research, develops requirements documentation, develops cost estimates, conduct risk management assessments, develops acquisition or source selection plans.
- Conduct or oversee technical reviews and monitor contract administration, performance.
- Stewards software development project management processes, tools, templates, and activities to align business practices with government-wide regulations and policies consistent with established "best practices" in the areas of project management and process improvement methodologies.
- Ensures technical activities, system plans, and acquisition strategies are executed to satisfy enduring mission requirements, and the organizational vision, intent, and priorities established by the Division Chief / Director and Senior Manager/ Deputy Director.
- Oversees the daily operation and maintenance of the Division's independent In formation Technology (IT) infrastructure, services and systems hosted on DTRA-net.
- Recommends required adjustment of information technology and software acquisition strategies to accomplish these tasks.
- Organizes, integrates, and stewards acquisition strategies for IT systems enhancement, technical innovation and agile software development.
- Responsible for RD-CXQ Research Innovation Group which recommends acquisition strategies that look beyond the state-of-the-art to identify and evaluate emerging technologies for their potential to close capability gaps and improve the functionality/effectiveness of existing DTRA RD-CXQ IT systems.
- Ensures optimum use of technology development and eliminates redundant analytic processes by automating repetitive human analysis/work.
- Oversees capability needs assessments, analysis of alternatives and stewards acquisition strategy development.
- Works under the direction of Division Chief / Director and Senior Manager/ Deputy Director to oversee the submission, justification, and administration of IT program budgets.
- Provides coherent executive level (3 Star and SES equivalent) briefings, talking points and other executive program level information messages reference advanced analytic program objectives, milestones, accomplishments and costs.
- Leads, plans, and organizes technical staff to monitor IT programs ensuring they meet cost, schedule, and performance requirements and maintains accurate/credible cost, schedule, and performance reports.
- Manages ongoing working relationships and expectations with users, stakeholders and decision authorities throughout program life cycles.
- Provides technical oversight of efforts and proposals involving substantial resources and often requiring new programs/projects as well as changes in user work patterns, procedures and cognition.
- Enhances interagency collaboration by developing sound collaborative program plans with clear priorities, and measurable goals.
- Develops and implements overarching strategies, communicates cross organization roles/ responsibilities and coordination mechanisms, overcomes organizational differences in structure, program planning processes, and program funding.
- Serves as the senior IT technical representative for the Division, and/or supported CCMD in meetings at the Directorate, Enterprise, Agency, Department, and Interagency levels.
- Provides senior level technical input to taskings from the Senior Executive Service/General Officer/Flag Officers (SES/GO/FO) at DTRA and the supported CCMD.
- Coordinates, negotiates and obtains consensus, agreement, and recommends IT priorities. Provides options and alternatives involving issues with major IT implications.
- Guides the development of complex and highly sensitive customizable software applications for multiple projects. Applies national-level expertise in cutting-edge advanced analytics and data science to develop and maintain the R&D roadmap for the Division.
- Provides direction and guidance through all phases of development, including stakeholder analysis, development, and execution of plans to implement new IT solutions.
- Maintains expertise in state-of-the-art research in machine learning as applied to Natural Language Processing, pattern recognition, and information extraction from raw and finished intelligence and open source information.
- Deploy solutions to be applied in a broad range of architectures, including High Performance Computers and mobile devices.
- Leads research and innovates to embed state-of-the-art technologies, identify and evaluate emerging technologies for their potential to close capability gaps, and improve functionality, efficiency, and effectiveness.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/544211200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.