This position is located at the Voice of America's Horn of Africa Service. Incumbent conceives, writes, translates (English to Amharic targeted to Ethiopia and Eritrea), edits and produces multimedia stories for radio, TV and digital platforms and promotes content on social media (Facebook, Twitter and YouTube). Incumbent must have a proven track record as a journalist with experience writing/adapting stories that are unique, comprehensive and have global or original appeal.Learn more about this agency
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Researches, writes and produces original material including scripts, segments, news reports and interviews for on-air programs and digital distribution.
- Incorporates production elements into reports as appropriate, such as visual and audio elements, music, maps, graphics, bulleted highlights and web-related material.
- Incorporates Skype sessions, as well as potentially collecting messages from mobile phones, texts, emails or other social media.
- Reports on special events in Washington and travels as needed to other locations in the United States and beyond to cover important events.
- Prepares/presents news/feature materials in studio or on location for radio/TV/Facebook Live, and other digital platforms.
- Works productively and harmoniously as part of a team.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/544176000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.